Welcome to Dr. Melissa Curran's lab!
We study couples and families most generally and are interested in topics such as attachment styles, relational sacrifices, and relationship quality (e.g., satisfaction, commitment).
Our projects include studies of individuals, couples, and families during the transition to parenthood; when a loved one is diagnosed with cancer and the experiences of these “co-survivors; and the predictors and outcomes of individuals’ various financial attitudes and decisions.
Across our research projects, we study heterosexual and LGBTQ individuals, as well as individuals with varying SES statuses, using a variety of approaches (e.g., self-report, daily diary self-report, videotaped observations, semi-structured interviews). We are particularly interested in statistical analyses that allow us to take into account both members of the couple (e.g., APIM; similarity between couple or family reports) as well as change over time for the couple or family (e.g., variability in relationship quality over time).
- Fathers, Parenting, and Families
- Take Charge America Institute
- Take Charge America Institute Staff
- Take Charge America Institute, Arizona Pathways to Life Success for University Students
- Please see https://cals.arizona.edu/fcs/faculty/melissa_curran
- Find Dr. Curran's publications at Google Scholar and Research Gate
- Find Student Presentations at National Conferences