Frances McClelland Institute for Children, Youth and Families
Call for Submissions - 2017-2018
Submission Deadline: October 15th and March 15th by 5pm MST
The Travel Award Committee of the Frances McClelland Institute for Children, Youth and Families is pleased to announce student funding for travel to professional conferences. Annually $2,000 is budgeted to provide for students up to the amount of $500. Students are eligible for one travel award per year.
The submission deadlines are October 15th and March 15th. Please send all inquiries regarding eligibility requirements and submission content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evaluation criteria include the following:
- Be enrolled as an active Ph.D. student in Family Studies and Human Development
- Be in good standing (obtained at least a 3.0 rating on the most recent Student Annual Review).
- Be selected as first author to present a paper, poster, or talk at a professional meeting
- Submitted travel funds request to another funding source (e.g. GPSC travel)
- Students can receive up to one award per year.
1. Please submit application materials electronically as one PDF for the application materials on or before October 15th or March 15th at 5 PM MST to email@example.com.
2. Please use APA formatting guidelines (6th edition; 2010) and be prepared to include each of the following when applying online in one PDF file:
- Completed Application Form
- Documentation of acceptance of poster/presentation
- Documentation of request of funding from other sources
- Abstract of presentation submitted to the conference
- Curriculum Vitae
3. Award recipients will be contacted two weeks after the submission deadlines and recognized at the next Norton School Homecoming Event in the following year. All applicants will be notified of funding decisions. Awardees must follow Norton School procedures to obtain permission to travel prior to the conference. Please email Dr. Hawley to request approval for travel prior to travel dates. Use the following template to submit information on your request:
How does this trip benefit the UA:
Mode of transport to/from destination:
Dates of personal time:
Travel advance amount:
4. All application materials must be submitted via email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The
deadline for submitting complete applications is October 15th or March 15th at 5 PM.
Please send all inquiries regarding eligibility requirements and submission content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within two weeks of your return, you must submit the following materials to email@example.com
1. A short summary (1/2 a page to a page) of your experience and how it was valuable for your professional education.
2. A digital photograph of yourself, preferably in a research setting or at the conference.
These materials will be put on the FMI website for promotional and fundraising purposes.
Note: It is important for the applicant to follow these rules. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed, nor
will applications submitted for travel outside of travel dates. Late applications will only be considered at the
discretion of FMI Director based upon the availability of funds and when the application was received.